The original El Encanto is a romantic Old-World Mission-style restaurant cradled in the heart of Cave Creek. It really has the sights, sounds and Tastes of Mexico. Walk through the archway and you will feel as though you have been transported to Mexico with beautiful tile scenes, wrought iron gates and furnishings. It also has a picturesque pond, where diners famously sit along the water, under a covered patio, and observe and mingle with the playful wildlife, including ducks, turtles, owls, and an amazing blue heron. Each of the El Encanto restaurants have the feel of old Mexico and each has a water feature which helps to create and warm and welcoming atmosphere in which to enjoy our fine food.
The menu is authentic handmade Mexican Cuisine, with specialties from regions all over Mexico, including daily fresh fish specials. All of the Mexican Cuisine at El Encanto is authentic and handmade, from the freshest ingredients, and is considered by many to be the best Mexican food in the Valley.
Each restaurant has uniquely designed indoor/outdoor Cantinas with views of the enchanting setting. Intricate handcrafted details include a bar top made of swirlstone; inlaid Mexican tile; and handmade wrought iron wine racks and chairs designed by local artists. El Encanto Dos also boasts a sports bar with 5 large plasma televisions.
The cantinas carry more than 40 different tequilas that can be sampled in flights, and a distinctive wine selection from Mexico, Spain, South America, California and Oregon. The Cantina Tapas menu offers a selection of smaller, more specialized items for the bar clientele.
The owners, Bill Nelson and his daughter Christine, have tried to create an authentic Mexican atmosphere in which to enjoy similarly authentic and in many cases unique to Arizona Mexican specialties. All accompanied by a knowledgeable welcoming staff eager to ensure each guests complete enjoyment.
El Encanto’s Core Values
(what we strive for)
- Create: The Best Mexican Food in Arizona
- Exceed Expectations: by anticipating unexpressed wishes
- Hospitality: Make our guests feel like they’re at home
- Consistency: Understanding that consistency is critical to success
- Integrity: we follow all laws and regulations that govern our business
- Respect: Honor the dignity and diversity of others
- Family: Create a family friendly workplace where happiness is essential and expected, nothing less is acceptable
- Improvement: always striving to improve by seeking solutions together
- Sharing Mexican Culture: with authentic food and architecture
- Community: Have a positive impact on our community
- Accountability: Hold each other accountable for all of our Core Values
“Please join us and surround your senses with Mexico!”